Maddie Baskin, a 5th year interior Design student in the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning, shares the benefits of her project-based learning experience with UC’s Virtual Innovation Studio.
Through UC’s Virtual Innovation Studio (VIS), industry partners can access a variety of student talent through short-term, low-cost project collaborations. Our team will work with you to outline project goals and deliverables that empower student teams to leverage design thinking and cross-disciplinary collaboration to explore new ideas and uncover innovation opportunities.
- Connect with students across multiple majors through 5-week, faculty-led “sprints”
- Propose your organization’s real-world problem for student teams to work collaboratively to solve through the practice of design thinking
- Industry partners participate approx. 1-3 hours per week (or more as desired)
- Students work approximately 25 hours per week on each project (125 hours total over 5 weeks)
A few examples of industry projects UC students have worked on.
- Re-imagined customer loyalty incentive program + app
- Sustainable / reusable packing innovations
- Luxury product subscription service strategy + design
- In-person to virtual event conversion strategy
- Branded environment development
Ready to Connect?
Work with us to kick start your next project. We are now accepting requests for future VIS projects.
Ideal project proposals will challenge students to:
- Generate new knowledge (research / insight development);
- Identify new business / product / service opportunities and evolutions;
- Explore new visual or spatial concepts; and/or
- Make speculative predictions about future scenarios
Complete the VIS Project Proposal Form to submit your project.
Questions? Fill out the contact form below and a member of the Partnership Development Team will contact you.