Maddie Baskin, a 5th year interior Design student in the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning, shares the benefits of her project-based learning experience with UC’s Virtual Innovation Studio.
Through UC’s Virtual Innovation Studio (VIS), industry partners can access a variety of student talent through short-term, low-cost project collaborations. Our team will work with you to outline project goals and deliverables that empower student teams to leverage design thinking and cross-disciplinary collaboration to explore new ideas and uncover innovation opportunities.
- Connect with students across multiple majors through 5-week, faculty-led “sprints”
- Propose your organization’s real-world problem for student teams to work collaboratively to solve through the practice of design thinking
- Industry partners participate approx. 1-3 hours per week (or more as desired)
- Students work approximately 25 hours per week on each project (125 hours total over 5 weeks)
A few examples of industry projects UC students have worked on.
- Re-imagined customer loyalty incentive program + app
- Sustainable / reusable packing innovations
- Luxury product subscription service strategy + design
- In-person to virtual event conversion strategy
- Branded environment development
Ready to Connect?
Work with us to kick start your next project. Ideal project proposals will challenge students to:
- Generate new knowledge (research / insight development);
- Identify new business / product / service opportunities and evolutions;
- Explore new visual or spatial concepts; and/or
- Make speculative predictions about future scenarios
Reach out to us if you’re interested in pursuing a VIS project. Complete the contact form below and a member of the Partnership Development Team will contact you.